We are always told to use body language in our writing. Sometimes, it’s easier said than written. I decided to create these cheat sheets to help you show a character’s state of mind. Obviously, a character may exhibit a number of these behaviours. For example, he may be shocked and angry, or shocked and happy. Use these combinations as needed.
Good for more than just writing!
My friends and I occasionally have this problem so I’ve taught them this simple method that takes less than a minute as opposed to waiting several for your computer to restart(especially if it’s slow).
What’s great about this method is that sometimes restarting your computer wont fix the problem, but this usually will.
MAKE SURE YOU CLOSE ALL YOUR ART APPS.
This is important, otherwise the changes wont take effect. If it doesn’t work the first time, try again, sometimes it takes restarting it more than once.
For Windows 8, search for “services.msc” in your apps and click on the result. Continue from there!
Now go draw, babies!
Very helpful! This works whenever my tablet is having any problems at all. It’s very simple and very effective!
HEY GUYS THIS IS A REALLY IMPORTANT ART REF
Bloodstain Pattern Analysis (BPA) - Resource for Crime Writers
REBLOGGING THIS FOR ABSOLUTELY LEGAL AND NON-CREEPY REASONS
some nice programs to draw
- mtPaint: free source tool designed to make pixel art. for Linux or Windows.
- character maker: it’s to make charsets for rpgmaker but you can use it for whatever you want. it’s in both english and spanish.
- scribblertoo: really nice website to draw with.
- sekka: free source tool to draw things like these:
Can I add Pixen? It’s Mac OSX only, but it’s really nice. You can make gifs and animations with it, too!
As a college student, currently really hungry with nothing to eat, I understand how hard it can be to get food. Sometimes you really just don’t have the money to eat and when you do, you waste it all on fast food instead of stocking up on cheap things because you’re so tired of Ramen Noodes and canned food you could barf. So, I’ve composed a list of recipes and resources that will fit a college kid’s budget and appetite. Don’t go hungry! <3
Ramen Noodle Recipes:
- Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
- Sirloin-Snap Pea Stir Fry
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chili Cheese Ramen
- Egg Drop Ramen
- Spinach and Ramen
- Ramen Spaghetti
- Ramen Alfredo
- Cheesy Ramen Noodles
- Cheesy Eggs Mug
- Cheese and Broccoli Mug
- Mac and Cheese in a Mug
- Meatloaf in a Mug
- Nutella Mug Cake
- Cheesecake Mug
- Coffee Cup Quiche
- Coffee Cup Chilaquiles
- Mug Egg Scramble
- Potato Chips
- Corn on the cob
- Scalloped Potatoes
- White Rice
- Fried Rice
- Baked Potato
- Chicken Casserole
- Garlic Chicken
- Chicken Soup Casserole
- Caramelized Onion Baked Potato
- Soft Chicken Tacos
- My Fridge Food
- Fire House Chef
- Dinner in 15 Minutes
- Advanced recipe Generator
- Recipe Matcher
- Super Cook
- Recipe Puppy
- Cook Thing
- Recipes by Ingredient
- Recipe Key
- Not Beans Again
- Ideas 4 Recipes
- Big Oven
(copied from artist’s comments)
Thought I’d share some of my brushes since a couple of people have asked <3
These are my favourites/the ones I use most C:
1. Painting Brush: The Brush I use for most of my painting. It blends really nicely but you have to merge all your layers. It’s nice and smooth and especially good for grass, fur, and small details.
2. Marker Tool: I mostly use the Marker tool for sketching, because it’s soft and subtle and lines just turn out so much nicer <3 Also good for bushes or leaves. (fav.me/d6v9lg6 as shown here) Picture above is a really bad example of what it is capable of, sorry ahaha :L
3. Pencil Tool: Basically the same as the pen tool you automatically get in SAI, but with slightly changed settings for sharp, crisp and smooth lines C: I always use this one for lineart.
4. Marker Tool #2: Completely different to marker tool one. I use this one to lay down my colours while painting and not much else. It blends ok. Reason I like it though because its really good to lay down the colours you’re going to use, as it’s slightly see through, without making it look messy.
5. Acrylic Tool: I really need to rename my tools pff. Basically the same as the previous tool but with much better blending.
6. Fur Tool: Although I’ve never actually found a use for this tool (sigh) it’d be really good for fur and I love the way it looks //v\ just haven’t found a use for it yet.
7. Water Tool: Ahaha wow I use this tool way too much. I use it for getting my shading to look softer at some parts, I use it for blurring, blending, lighting, adding effects ect. ect. Its one of the tools that comes with Paint Tool SAI when you first get it but I think the settings are changed a bit.
How to make new brushes in SAI
Most of you probably already know how to make yourself brushes in SAI, but here it is just in case. Right click one of the light grey, empty boxes underneath your tools, and select a tool base. (for example pen, brush, marker, acrylic, eraser) This will be the starting point of your brush. then just edit the settings, and give it a name C:
Feel free to make/use these C:
- Creating a Race (2)
- Creating Animals (2)
- Disease (2)
- Ecosystems (2)
- Evolution (and Space)
- Flora and Fauna
- Inventing Species
- List of Legendary Creatures
- Night Vision/Color Vision
Constructed Language (Conlang)
- Basics/Phonology (2) (3)
- Conlang Guide
- Conlang vs. English
- Creating a Language (Revised)
- Culture + Language
- Curse Words
- How to Create Your Own Language
- How to Create a Language
- IPA Pronunciation
- Making Up Words
- 7 Deadly Sins
- Alien Cultures (2)
- Alternative Medieval
- Avoiding Cultural Appropriation
- Avoiding Medieval Fantasy (2)
- Avoiding One-Note Worlds
- Avoiding Utopia
- Change (2)
- Class/Caste System (2)
- Designing Intellectual Movements
- Everything (2) (3)
- Gender-Equal Societies
- Historical Background for Ideas (2)
- Matriarchy (2)
- Static World
- Wandering Peoples
- Basic Economics
- Currency (2) (3)
- Current Global Economies
- Economic Systems
- Economics (1500-1800 AD)
- Economics and Government
- Economics for Dummies
- International Trade (2)
- Marxist Communism
- Medieval Economics
- Schools of Economic Thought
- Socialism (2)
- Types of Economic Systems
- World Economy (2)
- Clothing Terminology (2) (3) (4)
- Clothing Reference
- Education (2)
- Fame and Infamy
- Food (2)
- Food Timeline
- Collective/Traditionalist Societies
- Creating a Government
- Empire (2)
- Fancy Latin Names for Government
- History and Politics
- International Relations (2)
- Justice System
- Non-monarchical (2) (3)
- Oppressive Government
- Political Ideologies
- Rise and Fall of Civilizations
- Secret Societies
- Shapeshifter Society
- Totalitarianism, Atmosphere Necessary For
- Tribal Society
- Types of Government
- Writing Politics
Balbaras: Phantoms that used to haunt caves and forests in the early 11st century.
These phantoms are pretty much harmless and the most damage they can do is give you a good scare (and also spit black goo on your face)
BRO I KNOW A WAY TO FIX THAT!!
I KNOW TOO BUT FBUIASDPFADFSFSDAGDF
ACTUALLY, THERE’S A DIFFERENT OPTION:
IT’S EITHER YOU ADJUST THE FLICKS OF THE PEN, OR GO TO SERVICES
IF YOU SEARCH UP PEN AND TOUCH, YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE THE FLICKS AND THEN AFTER CLICKING OK, THE LACK OF PRESSURE SENSITIVITY IS RESTORED WHEN YOU USE SAI OR ANOTHER PROGRAM
There’s another option if that doesn’t work
you would need to search “services” on your computer, and once you do that and click it, you need to locate “Wacom Consumer Service”
Click on that, and you find the “stop”, or “restart” button
both works, however you want it
AFTER DOING THAT-
You have to close SAI, reopen it, and the pressure sensitivity is restored at last! It doesn’t lag anymore~!
Sharing some of the brush settings I have customized in Paint Tool SAI for some friends :D! If y’all have any questions feel free to drop me an ask.
Ecteheghts. Anthropomorphic beings that used to haunt child’s dreams in 1285.
Another monster for Dandelion, my comic.
These guys are a pain in the butt to develop, they have large limbs because tall things scare kids… well at least they did scare me as a kid…
Also their skull is patterned like that, there’s no skin covering it. Their hands are reversed and are fin-like. They’re hooved beasts, their hooves are really heavy and make too much noise when the ecteheght is walking
They have jaws covered by their skull, they have sharp teeth and segregate a blood-like substance when threatening to attack. When attacking they expulse tentacles out of their throats which are ‘electric’, like a jellyfish’s tentacles.
They eat meat to survive. The females are the indispensible ones because they’re agil, while the males, who seem to be pretty muscular, are not of too much help. Their ‘muscles’ are just fat and they’re used as threatening members of their group to avoid intrusions or attacks from other beings. While in fact they’re too heavy and weak to even run.